Do you want to develop a digital platform that will disrupt the consolidated logistics industry? The Twill vision is to create a world where products & services can flow freely for everyone – and we are just at the beginning of an exciting journey. We want to remove the logistical barriers of international trade (freight forwarding) for small to midsize customers.
We need your help to smoothen the customer experience of getting a quotation and ensure that this quotation is what the customer will receive as an invoice. This includes working with the Twill pricing team and data scientist(s) to bring advanced pricing models and products to accelerate Twill’s growth. You are part of a cross-functional, self-managed team, building the product together with software engineers, UX/UI designers, and scrum masters. Moreover, as a data-driven Product Owner, you’ll work closely with business partners in sales, operations, and fellow Product & Tech colleagues. Here’s a little taste of your challenge…
- Most of all you are responsible for your own domain in customer-facing product development and you will always push people to improve the user journey while making sure it is consistent, reliable, and scalable.
- You are the front runner of moving a sales-driven industry to a digital sales-driven journey, together with your product owner colleagues.
- Define and maintain your product backlog, prioritize features based on value, create your product domain vision and strategy, create transparency with stakeholders and development teams.
- Refine business requirements with development teams: engage both designers and developers in defining and refining epics and user stories.
- Engage with stakeholders, analyze user behaviour and market trends to define what features to maximize value and innovate.
- Be creative in positioning Twill’s pricing strategy in the competitive market and find the right strategic partners and initiatives to accelerate.
A successful Product Owner at Twill can’t be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. Probably you have experienced that yourself already over time. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- More than 3 years (Scrum) Product Owner experience with developing high volume B2B or B2C e-commerce sites. An advanced Professional Scrum Product Owner certification is preferred.
- Passionate about product development, methodologies, and tools, plus constantly looking for ways to improve.
- Smart, hands-on, and creative individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- A strong, well-supported opinion about the future of your domain.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions and prioritization on facts rather than opinions.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a must. Experience with user research and A/B testing are pré.
- Note: You are working, or are eligible to work as EU-citizen, in the Netherlands or Poland.
What can you expect from us?
You will have the opportunity to make a big impact, having the responsibility for providing an instant quotation to our customers it would be impossible to run Twill. Without you, customers would still need to wait days till weeks before they have negotiated a usually intransparent quotation. Next, we like to have fun at Twill. There is no sense in coming to work every day if you don’t like the people you work with. On top of that, you can expect:
- A wonderful opportunity to make a big impact on your domain by leading the product prioritization and roadmap. You will be “a spider in the web” and "CEO" of your product(s).
- Being part of an experienced Product team, which gives you the opportunity to develop yourself further.
- Daily fresh fruit, lunch, drinks, and the best coffee you could wish for. On Fridays there is breakfast.
- A great place to work, only 600 meters walking from The Hague Central Station, multiple meeting rooms, phonebooths, ping-pong table, canteen.
- The right laptop for you. Do you prefer a MacBook Pro or Windows/Linux laptop? You choose.
- Competitive salary, a performance-based bonus, 30 annual leaves, a mobile phone, travel allowance, home internet contribution, and contribution to your pension scheme.